You are here
- Home >
The LSVR is outfitted with exceptional and unique resources for experimental, computational, and theoretical vibration- and acoustics-related research of the highest caliber. The in-house equipment include
- Newport auto-leveling optical isolation table
- APS Dynamics, Bruel & Kjaer, and LabWorks electrodynamic shakers: from long-stroke with custom over-sized table, to modal shakers of various capacities
- Crown power amplifiers
- Vibration Research VR9500 vibration controller for precision maintenance of shaker excitations including sine, swept sine, resonance dwell, shock, pulse, random. System has >130 dB dynamic range and is suitable for near-DC to 50 kHz frequencies
- ADMET 5600 Expert load frame, 5,000 N
- Mark-10 ES20 load frame, 500 N
- Photron FASTCAM SA-X2 high-speed video camera, 480,000 frames per second
- Two Imagetec high-speed video cameras, 20,000 frames per second
- In-house processing software for Digital Image Correlation
- PCB accelerometers, microphones, force transducers, load cells, calibrators, and signal conditioners
- Micro-Epsilon displacement sensors via laser, capacitive, and eddy current technologies
- Hemispherical microphone array (2 m array diameter)
- One-of-a-kind, foldable, portable semi-anechoic chamber (anechoic for frequencies approximately >1.5 kHz with usable volume about 1.2 by 1.2 by 1.2 m3)
- Acoustic impedance and transmission loss tube, suitable for measurements of (meta)material impedance, absorption coefficient, and normal incidence sound transmission loss (for frequencies 50 Hz to 2 kHz)
- National Instruments data acquisition systems, 64/16 channel analog in/out CPU-based unit and multiple 16/16 analog in/out mobile laptop-based unit
- Korad power supplies
- Siglent function generator
- Epilog Mini 24-12 laser cutter
- Full Spectrum Laser H-20x12 laser cutter
- FlashForge Creator Pro 3D printer
- Numerous shop tools, SKIL band saw
- Large supply of electric circuit components and accessories for prototyping and on-demand circuit and amplifier fabrication
- Latest generation computer workstations, Intel Core i7 processors, 32 GB or more of RAM, 60 TB of local hard drive space, unlimited file storage via institutional Box.com license
- Benchmark software tools like MATLAB, LabVIEW, ABAQUS, COMSOL, etc.
The LSVR is also proudly affiliated with several OSU-based research centers:
LSVR is affiliated with the SIMCenter which provides massive computational resources via local blade-based CPUs and through on-demand access through the Ohio Supercomputer Center. Software licenses include COMSOL, LMS VirtualLab Acoustics, ANSYS, ADAMS, etc.
LSVR is affiliated with the Center for Automotive Research (CAR) which provides access to a Large hemi-anechoic chamber (approximately 30 ft by 30 ft by 20 ft usable volume) and additional experimental space as needed.
LSVR is affiliated with the Smart Vehicle Concept Center which provides an excellent avenue for industry, government, and commercial sponsors to leverage LSVR expertise and resources for research purposes falling in the scope of adaptive, smart material and structural systems for vehicle-related application.